Sewage System Planning & Testing
Don’t settle for an elevated sand mound bed, simply because the SEO established a suitable site. There are many design options in Pennsylvania. We can help you to consider all conventional and alternate system types as well as placement options. Starting your project with a consulting soil scientist could eliminate the need to pay SEO and excavator fees twice.
DOWNLOAD OUR GRAPHIC OF SEPTIC SYSTEM CHOICES IN PENNSYLVANIA !
We do not give up!
- Preliminary soil mapping, ahead of your Sewage Enforcement Officer (SEO) visit
- Official test pit documentation with your SEO and/or DEP
- Staking, locating, and plotting each proposed absorption area (labeled stakes, laser level & taping, GPS survey, permanent buried steel at corners for future reference)
- Percolation testing, if required
- Soil morphological assessment reports for alternate system types such as drip dispersal, and shallow limiting zone systems
- Permeability testing, hydrogeological studies for larger systems
- Small Flow Treatment Facility Permits (stream discharge)
ONE-LOT RESIDENTIAL SYSTEMS
- New & Repair
- High BOD (biological oxygen demand) such as food establishments.
- Large flows, & multiple uses.
- Decentralized wastewater treatment (off the “big Pipe” sewer) – Beneficial for regional groundwater recharge.
- Subdivisions & Land Development:
THE LAND DEVELOPMENT TRAIN
Components 1 and 2 for Subdivision and Land Development
Component 3s Small Flow Treatment Facility
We design all conventional and alternate sewage system types allowed in Pennsylvania.
- Our design plans meet engineering standards. Our plans are colorful, user-friendly, technically complete, to-scale, and include top and side view profiles, derived from real field stake-outs.
- REPAIRS: For qualified repair sites that do not fit all of the Chapter 73 rules, we apply “Technical Decision-Making” (TDM) and “Best Technical Guidance” (BTG) protocols to design “Site-Specific” and “Experimental” systems. When sufficient suitable soils cannot be found to provide a solution, we can pursue a permit for a Small Flow Treatment Facility (stream discharge). On rare occasion, lots can be prepared for future sewage systems using our “controlled soil fill” program, under the supervision of a Certified Professional Soil Scientist.
- We offer construction oversight. Following construction, we offer operation, maintenance, monitoring, and reporting through our Mountain Wastewater Management division.
SEWAGE SYSTEM O&M
Pennsylvania Home Improvement
Contractor Number PA 015468
- Operation & Maintenance (“O&M”) Inspectors on Wasterwater Treatment Systems.
- On-Site Sewage Systems: Residential, Commercial, Large-Flow, Community.
- Inspection, Maintenance, Monitoring & Reporting.
- Licensed Operators of Wastewater Treatment Facilities.
Manufacturer trained & authorized to service:
American Manufacturing Company “PercRite” drip dispersal systems.
Puraflo and EcoFlo peat biofilter systems
Jet and Norweco aerobic treatment units (ATU’s)
Aquaworx timers (Used with Eljen Systems)
GEOLOGICAL AND HYDROGEOLOGIC SERVICES
- Noncoal Mining Permits and General Permits – we provide geological, hydrogeological, and environmental investigation and documentation, with oversight by a mining engineer.
- Permits for Land application of Biosolids
- Carbonate (limestone) geology investigations for land development
- Interpretation of landscapes and aerial photographs for karst topography (limestone sinkholes and depressions)
- Subsurface investigation for sinkholes, depressions, and fractures
- Hydrogeologic investigations for community or large volume sewage disposal systems, including groundwater mounding, nitrate plume analysis, hydraulic conductivity
- Groundwater monitoring programs, monitoring well installations, boring logs, water sampling and lab analysis.
- Groundwater and surface water quality and quantity assessments.